SCHOOL FIRE

Schools

 

The Loss

Back to school is a stressful time for kids, teachers and parents alike.  Imagine how crazy it would be if the place were engulfed in flames.  Every school has kids that always seem to cause trouble.  This enterprising, young group decided to skip class and sneak cigarettes in the back of the auditorium.  Unfortunately, they accidentally lit a couch on fire and burned the entire theater. 

 

The Restoration

When a school sustains damage like this there is so much more at stake than a few days off.  State exams are on hold, classrooms reek of smoke and school administrators scramble to update the media.  Also, fearful parents need to know the building will be safe.  Working with the administration, Maxons arrived late Friday evening to figure out the fastest plan of action.   

School officals needed a quick and thorough job to get the building partially open by Monday, yes Monday.  After a complete assessment, our team amassed an army of 250 cleaning technicians to get the job done.  Non-stop, 24 hour shifts over the entire weekend ensured we turned over a school ready to operate.   

 
Services Included:  

  • Structural cleaning
  • Debris removal
  • Dehumidication
  • Water extraction 
  • HEPA vacuuming 
  • Odor removal
  • Repainting
  • Restoration of fixtures

 

Their World Restored

At 11pm Sunday night our Project Manager did a final walk through of the school with the principal, school board members and state officials.  It was agreed that classes would be in session Monday and a message was sent out to all of the parents.

With little time to spare until the bell rang Monday morning, our crews worked around the clock to make sure that classes could resume.  Sure, some kids hated us for it but the doors opened and school was back in session.