Our COVID-19 Response and Capabilities. learn more
Mold is a commonly occurring fungus outside and, unfortunately, indoors also. When you think of all the ways mold spores can find their way into your White Plains home (i.e. through open doorways and windows, vents, HVAC systems, and even carried inside on clothes, shoes, and pets), it is no wonder why mold removal may be necessary at some point in your home. Not only is it easy for mold spores to find their way inside, but it is also easy for mold spores to find sources of food. Basically every paper product along with wood, ceiling tiles, cardboard, drywall, insulation, and carpet act as excellent food sources for mold growth. Once you add in moisture or humidity, then you have created the perfect environment for mold to grow, spread, and thrive.
So, since you can eliminate those microscopic spores from getting in your home, what can you do to help prevent mold from growing inside? We are so glad you asked. Let the mold removal experts at Maxon’s help:
Humidity means moisture and moisture means mold growth. So not only for comfort reasons, but also to discourage mold growth you should try to keep humidity levels in your home as low as you can. A great tool that can be used to help remove excess moisture from the air that contributes to mold growth is to use a dehumidifier. You can purchase tools that can help you read and monitor the humidity level in your home so that you can keep it as low as possible and keep mold from being able to grow.
Hopefully, the home builder of your home allowed for adequate attic, basement, and appliance ventilation throughout your home. Appliances that produce moisture in the form of steam such as stoves, dryers require ventilation outside of your home. Bathrooms should also have exhaust fans that should be turned on whenever steam is seen collecting on surfaces. These exhaust fans vent outside and help direct moisture out of your home, which inhibits mold growth. Kitchens also require adequate ventilation to help prevent the moisture produced through cooking is properly channeled out of the home. Turning on the fan on the range hood when cooking the stovetop can help to remove excess moisture from the air.
If the roof has a leak and moisture is getting into the ceiling, you will probably end up needing mold removal. The problem is that roof leaks can often go unnoticed for so long because we fail to inspect them regularly. Leaks from the roof, foundation, or a faulty appliance can all facilitate mold growth, but if detected early on and taken care of right away, you can prevent mold from ever becoming a problem in the first place. Make it a habit to go walk around your home at least twice a year to catch any potential leaks or sources of water that can lead to mold growth.
Even if you follow every single precaution in the book, mold can still find its way into your house and make itself right at home. If you find yourself in need of mold removal, call Moxon’s in White Plains, NY for immediate help.